Facial rash, pain on blinking, blisters, swelling in area, tender chin. Treatment ?

What do you guys this this facial rash is?

2 days ago, the left side of my face felt weird... my face felt tender... but only the right side.. and when I blinked is hurt a bit... this was in the morning. Towards the afternoon, the rash set in on my cheek next to my mouth. It looks like blisters, but the entire blister area is swollen.

I've had this for about 2 days now... and now my chin feels tender.
What do you think this is?
What should I try to clear this up?

Here's a photo of the afflicted area...

Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 17 minutes later

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I read that you have skin rash condition since 2 days on your face. I cannot see your picture on your link due to permission denied.

I get the feeling with the background of your symptoms, like pain and blisters you have been exposed to something you are allergic to. It could a plant, food or drug.

Now, I would advice a step wise recommendation for you:
1. Wash thoroughly with soap and water.
2. If blisters are troubling you, apply cold compresses.
3. If it getting itchy, try lukewarm bath or calamine lotion.
4. Avoid outdoor walks for a while.
5. If really itchy, you would need an antihistaminic medicine.
6. If nothing of above works then you should get some prescription medicines like steroids to cut out stubborn rashes.
7. If really painful, take some over the counter Analgesic for the night.

I would advice you to do this step wise over 2-3 days or if you think its no use, then abruptly end the above steps and rush to the doctor to rule out other possibilities.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Follow-up: Facial rash, pain on blinking, blisters, swelling in area, tender chin. Treatment ? 42 minutes later

Please view the photo again, I had the photo set to private..
You should be able to view it now.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 2 hours later

Thanks for the picture. Though it was not very clear, I can see that it is not very extensive and blisters too are not numerous.

You may try out the steps I wrote earlier.

Do write if any further doubts arise.