Facial pigmentation reduced after applying melaglow cream. Suggest some effective cream to cure it completely?

hi dr,

I had pigmentation of my facial skin and had consulted a dermatologist.He initially suggested me to use Melaglow cream and the results were quite ok and the pigmentation gradually reduced.Buit the side effects was i had pimples spurring up in my face and it was reduced by clindamycin and later he suggested adaphelene gel(adeferin).So can adaphele be used to reduce pigmentation and pimple marks further?i would be travelling to USA in a weeks time..please suggest .I use eloe vera as a moisturizer and neutrogena suncscreen.Please suggest
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Adapalene is type of retinoid cream.

You should apply it in night time.
Retinoids are effective in reducing pigmentation and scars.
You can use it for acne/scars/pigmentation.

Aloe vera moisturizer is good for use.Dont apply excess of it on face.
Continue using neutrogena sunscreen regularly as retinoids cause photosensitivity.

If you have any further explanation feel free to ask.

Follow-up: Facial pigmentation reduced after applying melaglow cream. Suggest some effective cream to cure it completely? 7 minutes later
thanks for the suggestion sir...
i would like to ask which spf is better?...since ill be in Florida which is most of the times XXXXXXX .which spf sunscreen is better?

actually previous dermat had suggested kojivit cream(kojivit cream) but i didnt try much and stuck with melaglow and adaphelene.So which all ointments can i take from here.Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 13 minutes later
Hi again,

SPF of 50 is good for India and florida.
Any sunscreen with SPF 50 is good enough.

Melaglow and adapalene are good. You can carry them with you with doctors prescription.Adaferin is available in US also.

Hope this helps.