Facial bleach,burnt face,nose,rhinoplasty

I had rhino 5 months ago and was happy with the results now I used a facial bleach and burned my face and nose, My nose is huge and feels hard will this cause permanent damage?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 42 minutes later

Thank you for posting the query.

It is a common side effect that women may have to face when using facial bleach solutions. Though most of the facial bleach products are safe, potential side effects can occur while using them.

Skin burns that occur after using facial bleach are usually transient and would resolve within a few weeks.

Here are a few tips to help in early resolution and healing of the burns.

1. 1 % Hydrocortisone ointment - can be applied on the affected area to reduce the chances of hyperpigmentation or scarring.

2. Apply a cold, wet compress to the burn area.

3. Medications like Advil 400 mg taken 3 times a day for a few days will reduce the inflammation and help in early healing.

4. Staying away from the sun, reducing exposure to heat, using sunscreens, etc are other measures that will help.

5. Application of creams containing Aloe vera, Vit E and Vit K are helpful to speed up healing.

I do not think it will cause any permanent damage. So be reassured that you will be fine soon.

I hope the information here helps.

In case you have doubts or further questions, you can forward them to me. I shall be glad to answer them for you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dr Anvekar.