Facial acne, chicken pox, pimple like lesions, reddens, scar at the center occurs on upper thighs, itching.

My 16 yr old daughter, has good pers hygiene, athletic, has a hx of facial acne, chicken pox, and sometimes swims in the waters of the Chesepeake bay. In the beginning of summer began to have, and still continues to have, small pimple like lesions, with a white head in the middle, non-pus, but reddens into a radius up to 1/2", then darkens(purplish) and fades to leave a small scar at the center. These occur on her upper thighs. These itch upon onset only. These occur randomly, seemingly.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 5 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

I understand your concern for your daughter.

With the description above, the possibilities are:

1. Perforating collagen disorders (probably Folliculitis).

2. Insect Bite Hypersensitivity.

3. Simple Folliculitis.

You have provided with good information but I would like to know few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better.

1. Are there any other trigger factors for these symptoms?

2. Is it associated with any food intake?

3. Is there any other systemic manifestation like fever, joint pain, etc?

It would be easier to suggest you, if you could send some pictures of the lesions.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize it.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks and regards,