Face seems frostbitten,cold,accident,face hit windshield,root canal,crown,fillings,smelly fluid from tooth if gums pressed

My face feels likes it's frostbitten, cold all the time; almost 3 years. I'm almost 60, 5'2", 140 lbs. Car accident 40 years ago - my face made a hole in the windshield. Root canal then became a crown 1 1/2 years ago - had to be redone after it broke after 4 months. Had some old fillings replaced with natural looking composites in the year before this problem started. If I press the gum above this tooth, a foul smelling fluid runs down my fake tooth.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 2 hours later

You are having a tooth abscess. If the abscess is near the sensory nerves you may have a feeling of loss of sensation (frost-bitten feeling) because the nerves lose the ability to pass the sensation.
If your dental surgeon has made the crown without proper Root Canal Treatment, the infection which remains in the roots of the tooth leads to abscess.

You may try warm saline gargles, painkillers and antibiotics.

You need to visit your dental surgeon for redo Root Canal Treatment. He will wash the abscess cavity with antiseptics and remove the granulation tissue.

Hope this answers your query. I am available for follow ups as well.