Face redness, dry skin, eczema. Does alcohol consumption and advil medication cause this?

does alcohol consumption cause eczema and what about advil.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Alcohol can cause eczema but over many years of heavy drinking. It can also make your body dehydrated and in the long run makes it dry which can aggravate eczema. In addition alcohol takes a toll on your liver and toxic metabolites like urea increase in your body. These changes can also cause itching because of irritation.
Also dermatitis, eczema, etc occur in persons with dry skin and as alcohol makes the skin dry these can happen in alcoholics in the long run.

Advil however is not associated with eczema.

Hope I have answered your queries. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Face redness, dry skin, eczema. Does alcohol consumption and advil medication cause this? 1 hour later
sir my face gets red and dry what could i use for this condition. thanks
The face can get red and dry due to many reasons.
In those who take a lot of alcohol, flushing can occur as a result of same.

Simple dryness and redness migt be associated with excessive cold exposure.

You can try using a good moisturiser and avoidence of any cosmetic product on face.
If the rednes persists mild steroidal creams like desonide can be used to control the symptoms.

Dr. Rohit