Face is sunk in due to meth usage, am in rehab. How can I make my face look fuller?

My face in sunk in from meth I've been clean for 6 days im in rehab and my face still isn't gaining weight I have a really high metabolism How can I get the meat back into my face fast I have a huge family dinner in 5 days, and I wanted to surprise them showing them i'm clean but its not very convincing when my face is still sunk in please help...
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 24 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

To look a face fuller in 5 days, is something which definitely is not possible medically. Even if you were to eat really really well gaining as much fat on the cheeks is not that quick.

For best results, I would suggest you eat lost of nuts, fruits, and a well balanced diet for now. Don't think about the big dinner right now, those very people at the dinner would be double happy to see you later with a better improved look a lot later than the dinner itself which would indicate a comeback in your nutrition aspects. Wear smile on your face and move close with everyone at the party that gives them an impression that you are back and going good. Also drink lots of fluids - water/juices. Raw vegetables wherever possible all help give you vital antioxidants which give a glow to your skin.

But, balanced diet is better than binging on specific constituents any day. Yes, even with people of higher BMR can also benefit with nuts, milk, eggs, lean meat. Avoid excessive fibre/bran etc.

Moderate exercise in the morning can give you a healthy appetite to eat all the above. Not overeating is the bottom line though.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MD