Face is oily, becomes dry and having pimples. How to get of pimples?

I have a question about my face. I am 22 years old male and my face is a oily skin type. But during the winter, my face becomes dry and pimples come out. Please help me about how to prevent all those affects and keep my face fresh and clean. Another thing is, after I used sauna my face skin becomes so soft and it looks bad and some cheeks are like soft and look older to me. Please help me out in this case. Thanks!
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clean skin,sunscreen, soft soap will help. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern for pimples. Before answering your query I like to give some information on pimples so that you know the beat way of managing it. As a young male it is really bothersome to have something irritating our face. Acne or pimples in most of teenage people starts appearing at the age of 13-14 years and then almost vanishes by the age of 25 years. The main cause for your problem is basically due to hormones in addition to the influence of certain other factors. The testosterone plays the most important role in high oil secretion and increase the size of oil glands especially in males during some season. As the pores or ducts of the glands are blocked so it leads to formation of pimples. The application of oily or creamy products, over exposure to sunlight, heat and humidity or due to pinching, popping and squeezing of the pimples also leads to formation of pimples. Therefore any of the above factors along with hormones can cause appearance of pimples and after the age of 25 years there is less upsurge in the hormones and these gets stabilized and therefore less or no appearance of pimples after 25 years. So probably you got some idea regarding your acne. For now stop sauna cream and follow few steps as mentioned below. Use soft soap like acnil 3 times a day. This alone may help you. A. During more acne period, you can use salicylic acid based face wash like Neutrogena pore cleanser twice a day. B. For clearing the oil from the oil glands use an alcohol free toner after using the face wash. (like Sebamed toner) Avoid use of moisturizer untill necessary (use only waterbased moistourizer) as it can cause more acne on skin. You can use adapalene benzoyl peroxide gel over acne lesion if present at bed time. Over weight and excessive sports activity may also cause the problem. A. Before going to sports do face wash and use water light SPF 50 sunscreen. Fash your face after sports with cool water with soft soap. B. Maintain your BMI in normal range. <25. These will help you. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards,
Follow-up: Face is oily, becomes dry and having pimples. How to get of pimples? 12 minutes later
Now I am planning to use aveeno men face wash and Zinc pills. Do those products will compatible to my oily face? Does Zinc will help my face look fresh and clean? If so,what kind of Zinc pills should I buy from the store?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes helpful. multivitamin cap with zinc Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, Aveeno men face wash will help you. Zinc has some effect, but no study confirms it's effect. But there won't be any harm in using these supplements. You can buy multivitamin cap with zinc (I prefer zincovit) under your doctor's guidance. Hope this answered all your query and is informative and helpful in maintaining your facial skin health. If satisfied you can close the query and write a review as well. Regards