Face, hands, and feet tingles whenever moving head and feeling of passing out. What could be the reason?

Whenever I move my head my face, hands, and feet tingle as though I am going to pass out. It passes within a few seconds but happens every time I move my head in any direction. Happened a few months ago for a week than stopped. Has been happening again now for a week.
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. That could be related to a condition named as benign positional vertigo. It may follow following an ear infection or some other situations and it may recur after some weeks. Fortunately, it benign and self limiting most of the time. The point that it is triggered by head movements, makes this diagnosis more likely. There is a maneuver that can help the middle ear to regain its function in this situation. You can ask your doctor about it.
However, If if there are accompanied with tinnitus and hearing impairment then you should think of meniere's disease. I hope that it is not the case for you and I think it is not. Best wishes.