Eyes roll around and into back of head. Can this be serious?

my 64 year old mother has had her eyes roll around and into the back of her head a few times recently? Can this be serious?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 8 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Eyes rolling around like what you have seen, is a very rare side effect of Veralan especially if she has been given a parenteral injection. A rotatory type has been found to occur in less than 0.1% of people taking this drug.

Not a cause of danger, but you need to inform the prescribing doctor about the same. Never discontinue this drug without his advise. She should continue medication till the doctor has may be other plans.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.