Eyes have been watering and red. Given antihistamine but still same. Had tear ducts unblocked. Suggest?

Hi, for about three weeks my eyes have been watering all the time , sometimes they are red as well, doctor gave me antihistamine eye drops but still the same. I bought dry eye and itchy eyedrops but still the same. Two years ago I had my tear ducts unblocked as one eye occasionally watered, but nothing like this. This problem is really getting me down as I don't want to go out and I'm feeling quite depressed.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Continue with anti histamine eye drops and oral anti allergic tablet for 2to 3 days and see the response,if you feel improvement then continue with this regimen.If not much of improvement is seen then local steroid drops for few days have given excellent results in our practice.They are to be put in about 4 times a day and they can continue for about.a week.They can then be tapered off.
Any further query in this regard ,please do get back to me .