Eyes are consistently heavy inspite of good sleep, frequent constipation. History of allergic bronchitis. Suggestions?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
My eyes always heavy however more or less I sleep (7-9 hrs) in weekdays and 7-10 in weekends.
I have consulted multiple Eye Specialist who have prescribed Eye Drops (CCS Sodium drops and Prednol-LS) for Dry Eyes and found no other problem with retina or eyes. Also Vision was ok.
I am usually Constipated, Have consulted Gastroentrologist (2-3) who had diagnosed Hietal Hernia and provided medications which provided temporary relief from Constipation.
Also I snore at night and usually in morning one of my nostrils are closed. I catch cold pretty easily and was detected with Allergic Bronchitis 4 yrs ago when i was in Dhanbad (A coal Mining region ) which got cured/created no problem since 2 yrs.
I work in an IT company and has to do night shifts for 2 weeks (6 PM to 3 AM) in 2 months.
Could you please advise accordingly
When I ate Apples for a while, 1-2 week and woke up early and slept early, and did yoga it was relieved for a while.
I am doing Yoga(Ramdev Baba's) but no relief. Heavy eyeys always Come,
No problem In thyroid or X-ray.(tests were done).
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 9 hours later

Thanks for the post.

From your description I feel your problem requires thw assistance of a neuropsychiatrist as your problem is psychological or comes from your brain. I believe your respiratory problem have already already been taken care of and I do not think it is related to your sleepy eyes. Your dugestive problem is also less likely a culprit of your sleep disorder. i believe your problem must be coming from the nature of your job. Being exposed cobstantly to computer lights might be thw cause. I belive you might require some time off conputers and a little resting of work and off computers of course. associate that time to yoga and meditation. visit a neuropaychiatrist for proper evaluation and subsequently treatment if arises.

Wish you all the best.
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Eyes are consistently heavy inspite of good sleep, frequent constipation. History of allergic bronchitis. Suggestions? 6 hours later
Hi Sir,
Thanks for a quick reply, I do snore,and feel sleepy so could it not be related to that (Sleep Apnoea). I had taken time-off from my work for a week but it didn't help?
Thanks
XXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later
Hello

thanks for updating,
Exactly a sleep disorder such as sleep apnoea could be responsible but you will need close evaluation by a doctor so definitive conclusion can be reached. A sleep disorder is the most lijely cause.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.

Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Eyes are consistently heavy inspite of good sleep, frequent constipation. History of allergic bronchitis. Suggestions? 9 hours later
Hi Sir,
So What you mean is this could be most probably due to sleep disorder.
Actually in India Although I am not sure, but sleep disorder is looked by Pulmonologist. neuropyshyciatrst looks into mental dsorders.
So what do you suggest consult pulmonologist?

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 12 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

A pulmonologist is a lung/respiratory diseases specialist and is hardly classified as the physician of choice to handle respiratory problems but since sleep apnea is a problem that originates from the lunga during sleep should be the doctor you should consult but do remember that besides sleep apnea they are other sleep disorders( which is a general term used to define all health problems related to sleep). So to me I suggest you see a neuropsychiatrist first who may then refer you to a pulmologist if she realises that your problem is from your lungs.

Hope this helps further.

Dr. Nsah