Eyebrows diminishing in circular shapes. Started itching after laser treatment. Worrisome

The hairs of my eyebrows are diminishing in circular shapes.. Have consulted a Dermatologist and used some kind of laser with the help of machine. My hairs came back but not completely.
The area is itching sometimes
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 21 hours later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX

Loss of hair in circular patches on any body part is referred to as Alopecia areata. The condition is reversible but new patches may come up again which too will heal.

Intralesional injection is the first line of treatment. Lasers are just supportive therapy. In most cases, lesions heal by themselves in 2-3 months.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Dr Rohit Batra