Eyebrow is sensitive to touch and nerve like discomfort

my eyebrow is sensitive to the touch.nerve like discomfort
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Causes listed sir; advise: consult neurologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I would like to first say that your description is very accurate sir. If a patient would have presented with only a sensitive eyebrow, the doctor would have first asked if it is a nerve-like pain.

Well, with such a presentation, a few conditions come to mind. For your reference I shall list them out for you sir, but it would be best for you to XXXXXXX and consult with a neurologist, as a physical examination coupled with a few tests would be required. I would request you not to delay or avoid the same sir. It would be best to rule out the worst and to also seek early treatment, as that would help in early and most effective treatment.

The possible causes are:
-Trigeminal neuralgia (another specific symptom is if your eyebrow is sensitive to even air or wind hitting it)
-Thyroid ophthalmopathy
-Orbital myositis
and a few others.

Other causes which are related to the eye or the eye socket like optic neuritis will also have to be ruled out. I would urge you to visit a neurologist sir. This would be the most wise next step.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you sir.