Eye investigation shows Vasculitis with perivascular leak in left eye. Other treatment options ?

30yrs/M, Indian resident
No H/O Any Syetemic major medical/ surgical illness
H/O-High myopia since childhood
B/L Eye Lasik surgery to Improve vision in 2001- vision improved
H/o Lt. Eye bullous Retinal detachment 12-5 with retinal break at 2 with macula off in 2008 - Scleral buckling surgery done(cryo at 2 & 4 + SRFD at 1 )
current issue-vision- 6/9 in b/e
c/o flashes in lt. eye
Fluoroscopic Angio- B/L EYE VASCULITIS with PERIVASCULAR LEAK in Lt. Eye (18/05/2012)
CXR- NAD(18/05/2012)
Hmg- Hb-13gm/dl
TLC- 0000cumm
platelate- 3 lac (18/05/2012)
Rx -
Tab. Prednisolone 60 mg OD since 18/05/2012
Query -
what will be the prognosis ?
other treatment option option available ?

Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 52 minutes later

Your myopia and vasculitis are totally different problems. I mean to say they are not related. You have reasonably good vision in spite of all these problems.

At present the only concern is the cause for the vasculitis. Tuberculosis is the commonest cause of retinal vasculitis in our country. Your ESR is a bit on the higher side. You should get a mantoux test done.

You should also gradually taper the oral steroids. The prognosis is usually good.

I would advise you to consult a uveitis specialist.

I will be available for any further queries.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah