Eye Sparkles. Have sinus headache in forehead and cheekbone. Found high blood pressure. Any complications?

I had a eposode of sparkles in a arch on the upper left side of my left eye. it lasted for about 10-15 min. my bp is 162/72. my sinus is bad today I have taken sudafed. 4 years ago I was admitted to the hospital with balance problem they found nothing wrong with any of the test. mri, ekg, ultra sound on kidney, that was when they found that my bp was high. I also have a sinus slight sinus headach in the forehead and cheekbone area.
email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 4 hours later

Sparkles are commonly referred to as flashes.The common causes being migraine, sinusitis and occipital headache.

Ocular (eye related) causes of sparkles are posterior vitreous detachment and retinal detachment.

In your case it is most likely due to the sinusitis.Wait for your sinusitis to get better.If your sparkles persist even after your sinusitis is gone, then you should get your eyes checked by a competent ophthalmologist.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer any furthur queries.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah