Extremely sore in extreme upper thigh below pelvic area. Having numbness and tingling feeling. Applied muscle cream and swollen. Solution?

General Surgeon
Currently, In my extreme upper right thigh right below my pelvic area is extremely sore and aches with a tingling sometimes numbling feeling. I tried using muscle cream but it only worked for a short time. I'm unsure as to what it could be. I only know that it is very sore and slightly swollen. It seems like it may be some sort of XXXXXXX inflammation. It is just sore and aches.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be infection

Detailed Answer:
The pain can be due to infection in the layers beneath the skin of that area with associated inflammation which has spread to surrounding tissues.But,there will be redness in that area if there is infection.
If there is no redness,another possibility is musculoskeletal pain.It might have occured due to abnormal posture during work.
I prescribe good antibiotic like Clindamycin capsule which works good in skin and soft tissue infections,skeletal muscle relaxant tablet which contains anti inflammatory medicine to my patients with similar complaints.
Nothing to worry
It will come down.
Wish you speedy recovery