Extremely high blood sugar, keytone urine test normal. Emergency situation ?

My blood suger is 563 and took the keytone urine test it was normal should i go to the er?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 37 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I am very concerned about your high blood sugar. While the ketone test is negative it is highly likely that you are dehydrated and feeling weak. It is critical that your blood sugar gets controlled as soon as possible. Blood sugar this high is toxic to your organs and can accelerate damage to the eyes and to the kidney.

I recommend you seek immediate treatment for this at your local ER or hospital.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga