Extreme pain on left vagina, swollen and hard. Took pain medication. Why is nothing helping?

I need urgent help!
I'm 34 years old female, never had this problem before.
I'm In India at the moment, suffering from extraordinary pain on the left side of my vagina. It has been swollen, extremely hard, like I pulled or teared a muscle. I can feel the tendon like a nut on the upper side. The middle and bottom part of my left lip and muscle is about three times bigger, then the right side. It has been seven days and getting worst.
I can't sit, stand, lay. I can't wear underwear from the pressure. I can't sleep, now its so big and swollen, even hurt when I pee.
I have been taking pain medication, muscle relaxer to easy the pain, but nothing helps anymore. I have a flight to Mumbai today, I don't think I can sit still on the pain. It's not a cyst, it has no discoloration, it's the muscle.
I've been sitting in the hut tub to relax me, but it seems like it's more swollen afterwards.
I have five more days in India, I'm afraid it's getting worst every day.
Please, tell me what to do till I get home, or if should find a doctor in Mumbai right away, which I really don't feel comfortable with.
I need your help ASAP. Thank you,
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later

I understand your concern.

This swelling could be because of Bartholin gland enlargement. You need to check with Gynecologist as soon as possible. For temporary relief from pain you can take one tablet of Combiflam after meal but my strong advise is to consult and get examined by doctor before starting any medicine. Sitting in warm water tub may give you some relief. Also, it seems like you need antibiotic.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Extreme pain on left vagina, swollen and hard. Took pain medication. Why is nothing helping? 1 hour later
I looked at pictures of the bartholin gland, that's not what I have. It's not a cyst, it's not a lump. It's the outer side of my vagina the whole muscle is swollen like an orange, can't even close my legs now. Should I still take antibiotic, or that is for the cyst?
I have amoxicillin antibiotic or ciprofloxacin 500mg. Which one should I take, or dont take it at all?
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 57 minutes later

Again I am emphasizing please get examined by some doctor, it is very difficult to comment without seeing.

You may consider taking Amoxicillin.

Best wishes,