Extreme pain in left eye and feels like a duct is plugged. Having headache and sick to stomach. What to do?

I have extreme pain in my left eye it hurts bad it a tear ductbis plugged. the pain runs behind my eye and is giving me a headache and I feel sick to my stomach
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Migraine and refraction errors

Detailed Answer:

The description is so intense that you have almost a pain over 7 on a scale of 10. Such pain needs to be addressed by the doctor immediately. Since it is only one sided I could think of migraine attack if you are a migraine sufferer. To check if the tear duct is plugged you should get this tested with XXXXXXX

I suggest you to XXXXXXX a doctor especially Ophthalmologist to get the test done and pain relief. If you have not tried any pain reliever yet you should do it now.

Next time I suggest you to give age, gender, occupation and other medical history as well to be able to guide you well.

Hope this helps.