Extreme fatigue, dry mouth, blurred vision, hair loss, frequent urination, lost apetite. Tests normal. Reason?

Hi I'm 21 years of age female, and I've been experiencing extreme fatigue along with other strange symptoms like dry mouth, blurred vision (I now wear glasses), cold feet, hair loss, constantly needing to urinate and changes in my appetite. (this all started when my son was 3 months, he is now 5 months old) I went to my local gp about my symptoms and they did a full blood count and a blood test for my thyroid levels. Everything came back normal and they sent me on my way. They did not test for thyroid antibodies though. I am just baffled as to what is wrong with me. I sleep 8-9 hours a night and I'm drinking plenty.
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later

From your description, it seems you are feeling quite low as far as your general health is concerned. Following factors may be responsible for this feeling of being unwell:-

1. Overworked since you have to attend to a 5 month old baby.

2. Lack of sound sleep.

3. Neglecting your diet

4. Anxiety.

First and foremost you need a complete health check. Though you have undergone blood tests and they are normal as mentioned by you, but just to stress once again, Anaemia and Diabetes should be ruled out. If all the tests are normal, you should try and do the following-

Take care of your diet by taking a balanced diet. Consume plenty of fruits, vegetables, nuts etc. It should be XXXXXXX in iron, calcium, vitamins and other micronutrients. Take your meals on time and drink plenty of water.

You must get adequate and sound sleep at night and also take some rest during day time . You should be adequately rested for taking good care of the baby.

Avoid getting stressed up regarding baby chores. I hope you have some help in taking care of the baby. This will give you some time away from the baby. Take some quality time out for yourself and indulge in some hobby. You also need some kind of entertainment which may be reading a book or magazine, watching a TV serial or catching up with your friends.

You should also go out for a walk which may be long or short depending on the time you have/

Try these and i do hope that they are of some help.