Extra white skin on face. What should I do?

I have extra skin growing on my face, its white in color. I dont have any pain due to this but it look odd to see on my face.

What should I do so that these wont come again. As of now I tried burning it, but still it keep coming on my face after some days.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
this could be milia

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.

The extra white skin that you have is probably milia or colloid milium.

They occur as age advances.

You could use the Retino A cream once daily at night over those lesions for 15 days.

They will reduce a bit but the best treatment is to get them extracted i.e. removed or getting them burnt off from a dermatologist.
However they do come back after removal, as it’s a change in skin that is happening as we age. There is no way to completely stop it from coming. One can try slowing down the process by application of a sunscreen before going out to the sun.

Hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Extra white skin on face. What should I do? 2 days later
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Will it start spreading to entire face?
Will it spread to my wife and child?

Warm Regards,
Answered by Dr. Kruti 38 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

It won't spread to anyone from you.

It won't spread over the entire face, it's most commonly seen on the cheeks just below the eyes. It can increase in no.

Please don't worry, it's a benign thing and won't cause any harm other than the cosmetic concern.

Follow-up: Extra white skin on face. What should I do? 1 hour later
Thank you so much.

Have a great weekend. :)
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 minutes later