Extra growth in nose, trouble breathing, nose blockage during cold weather. Had operation previously

Allergist and Immunologist
I have sinus problem some extra growth is there in my nose some times i face problem while breathing i feel some blockage in my nose during cold seasons
I do face this problem during cold and rainy season.
I had an operation for this problem about 30 years back
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Suman Kumar 4 hours later

Based on your description, it seems you have an allergic sinusitis with recurrent nasal polyps.

I see you are on homeopathy treatment with good results for the same. Please let me know as specialist in ENT what you wish to know about your problem. I will be in a better position to address/answer to your concerns, if you can tell me what exactly you want to know.

Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Extra growth in nose, trouble breathing, nose blockage during cold weather. Had operation previously 12 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your reply. What i like to know is i had an operation for extra growth in my nose about 30 years back. After a long gap i am facing problem again. I was told that extra growth would regrowth after a period of time.

I am taking homeopathy treatment.I like to have your opinion about going for an operation again. If i go for an operation again extra growth would re appear after some time.

Please do give your opinion about going for an operation or continue with homeopathy treatment
If i has to go for an operation where are the specialists available?
I am staying at I st Block Rajajinagar Bangalore
I like to have address and phone nos of specialists.

If it is curable by homeopathy shall i continue with homeopathy?

Waiting for your good opinion

Answered by Dr. Suman Kumar 2 days later
Hi and thanks again,

I apologize for the delayed response.

Nasal polyps are prone for recurrence and repeating surgery doesn't prevent the recurrence. The polyp can regrow again.

The option to treat by surgery or conservative treatment is dependent on clinical features. Hence I urge you to take an opinion through a face to face consultation with a competent ENT specialist.

Though I do not have any personal reference you may try one of the doctors listed on XXXXXXX
Hope this answers your query.