External hemorrhoids,severe pain,no bleeding.Surgery?

Hi I am 24 yrs old girl and i am suffering from external hemorrhoids.Should i really go for surgery?.I am not having bleeding all the time but severe pain when using bathroom.Can you give me some natural medicine
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Follow-up: External hemorrhoids,severe pain,no bleeding.Surgery? 2 minutes later
I have severe pimples
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later
Hi and Thanks for posting your query,

Hemorrhoids are swollen veins around the anus which become inflamed and bleed.There are various causes of hemorrhoids as less intake of fibre,pregnancy,being overweight and various diseases.
Some measures for you:
1)Have fibre XXXXXXX diet as oats XXXXXXX pulses,flaxseeds as they help in bowel movement.You can take "Triphala chur" which is an ayurvedic preparation for bowel movements.
2)Drink lots of water throughout the day.
3)Go for a brisk walk or jogging daily for half an hour.
4)Take "Sitz bath"(tub filled with hot water,add potassium permenganate and sit with buttocks down for 5 to 10 minutes 2 to 3 times in a day)
5)Take Bioflavinoids in supplement form.It is also found in citrus fruits.
6)Apply Calendula cream or Aloe vera gel around the inflammed area to relieve
itcing and pain.

If all these measures do not help then Surgery is the only option available though by correcting the lifestyle as avoiding constipation,having fibre and regular exercise many patients are relieved of symptoms.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available if you have any further queries.
Follow-up: External hemorrhoids,severe pain,no bleeding.Surgery? 2 hours later
I have hormonal imbalance and what i usually find is that this problem increaes say a week before the date.What could be the reason
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 3 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

During the prementrual phase, body responds to the hormonal changes by retaining water. This can cause constipation and thus precipitation of hemorrhoids.

Increased water consumption during premenstrual days and during periods is beneficial.

Remember with increase in fibre in the diet, you also need to increase the water otherwise that can also cause constipation and worsening of hemorrhoids.

You may use ice packs or hot water sit-baths to relieve the pain.

Hope this answers your query.

Wishing you Good Health.