Exposures to massage parlors. Worried about transmission of STD?

Hi Doctor,

I am a male.My age is 23.I had around 7-8 exposures in massage parlors for the last 20 months.

Among all the exposures there was

1.)No Anal Sex

2.)No Vaginal Sex

3.)No Oral Sex

4.)No direct contact of my penis with massageus genitals

5.)No deep Kissing

what I had was

1.)Hand Job

2.)Frottage (contact with only upper part of body of female)

4.)Breast Massage over my abdomen & chest with Lotion

5.)Body Massage with Oil/Lotion

I made sure that there is some cloth as barrier either underwear or towel in lower half of body between me & the one who is giving me mastubration if both are lying on massage table.Sometimes I had condom for handjob,while some other times I had handjob without condom.I neither involved in penetrative sex nor contact with genitals of the massage girls. I thought these are safe sexual activities.But I heard that stds can be passed through skin-to-skin contact.I was feeling a lot of guilty and depressed as I was involved in frottage.Though I was not concerned about HIV which is unlikely to spread in this manner.I am really scaredabout STDs.

My Questions are

1.)Based on My exposures,is there any chance of me acquiring any STD's?

2.)If there is a chance of acquiring STD's what are they,their symptoms,& the duration in which they will be shown?

3.)Should I visit any doctor and have any tests get done?
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The major STDs are chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, trichomonas,genital Herpes simplex, hepatitis and HIV.
Chlamydia and gonorrhoea are transmitted strictly via oral,vaginal and anal sexual contact.
Syphilis is transmitted via direct contact with sores on the external genitalia, vagina, anus or rectum.In the absence of any sexual contact and any contact with any sores this can not be transmitted.
Trichomonas is also only sexually transmitted.
Genital herpes simplex would also be unlikely. This is transmitted by direct skin to skin contact but for transmission to occur contact with lesions or an area where the infection generally occurs would have been necessary. Herpes simplex 1 which is usually associated with oral lesions would have required oral contact and simplex 2 , genital contact.
There are different viruses that can cause hepatitis. Hepatitis c and b can be transmitted via a blood borne route and contact with other bodily fluids. They are not transmitted via casual contact.
From the description that you have given, any STD transmission is not likely. So, there is no need to worry.
You need not go for any investigations.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Exposures to massage parlors. Worried about transmission of STD? 26 minutes later
I have been mastubrating myself since last 10 years.Earlier I used to do once in a month.Gradually It increased to once in a week.Now It reached a stage of once in a day where I am unable to restrain myself from doing it.In the recent past I exceeded my limits & visited massage parlors where I performed activities like Frottage, Hand job etc.It has become a habit for me to go to massage parlor once in 2 months & keep on worrying & hatred towards me for my behaviour. I am feeling guilt for the activities which I have done as I feel I am deceiving my parents and indulging in such illegal activities.Because of these fears regarding those 7-8 activities which happened,i am unable to concentrate on my career
and always feeling depressed and unpleasant.
Now my questions are:-
1.)How to restrain myself in going to massage parlors
2.)How to avoid sexual thoughts
3.)How to stop excessive mastubration
4.)I am feeling guilt & always thinking about those past encounters & wasting a lot of time by feeling that my parents or friends may know about those incidents.If they know what will happen How to stop this?

Do u recommend any tablets or should I need to visit any hospital for my problem?
Thanks for writing again.
The repeated masturbation and attending massage parlors is due to an increased libido.
Libido is mainly controlled by the hormonal changes in our body.
To decrease it in a short time is a difficult task. There are no specific medicines available to produce such an effect.
You can avoid all the foods which increase the lust like celery, raw oysters, banana,avocado, almonds, eggs, figs, garlic, chocolate,etc.
The other good way to avoid thinking about it is to keep yourself busy. Work out,do some kind of exercise, do a hobby, a part time job all night! Keeping your mind off of it is key.
It won't last for ever and will help you.
You can also consult a psychologist or psychotherapist for the same.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Exposures to massage parlors. Worried about transmission of STD? 17 minutes later
Hello Doctor,
So can I assume that from my past experiences I haven't contracted any STD?
As you mentioned the particular foods which increase the lust like chocolate,egg,almond etc.These are the food which I usually take the most.I will try to minimise their intake.
As you mentioned about pyschologist or pyschotherapist,can you suggest any pyschologist in Bangalore as I am currently residing here.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Yes. You are not likely to have any STD due to the past experiences you have.
To find a good psychologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for specialists in our listing, those can guide you for a better specialist. You can search for it in your area at
Hope that helps.
Wish you good health.