Explain "ultrasound of the liver reveals some nodularity and complete resolution of the ascities"

Apr 2014

Dear Doctor: what does a doctor's statement, "ultrasound of the liver reveals some nodularity and complete resolution of the ascities" mean as it relates to chirosis (sp) of the liver? I was diagnosed with chirosis (sp) of the liver 5 years ago. I have not ingested any alcohol for over 5 years and have had no hospitalization over the past 5 years. I have no symptoms of any liver problems. Thank you for you attention to my question. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes,it is related to cirrhosis. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Yes,nodules are related to cirrhosis of liver.However there are many other reasons for nodular lesions in liver. Cirrhosis is confirmed by many other indicators in Ultrasound like coarse echotexture,shrunken size,irregular surface etc.It is also associated with ascitis in advance stage. Your case is related to cirrhosis. Probably you had ascitis and it is good that it is resolved now. It is great that you have stopped taking alcohol.You should never take it because it will further damage your liver. You should take your medicines regularly and be active in life. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX