Experiencing weight loss, frequent thirst along with urination. Should I consult a doctor?

For the past couple of months I am experiencing frequent thirst along with urination and there is also weight loss of around 3 kgs. Could you suggest if I should go for any health check up.
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 hours later
Constant thirst,increased urination and loss of weight are classical symptoms of diabetes.
You should consult your doctor and get complete investigations done for the diagnosis.
Once the diagnosis is made a proper treatment can be charted.Since your father is also diabetic,there are lot of chances for such a thing happening with you.
Best of luck.
I hope it helps.