Experiencing watery eye after taking lisinopril and coreg. What are the complications?

ENT Specialist
I take lisinopril and coreg. Since taking these meds, I have been experiencing a very teary right eye and clear water coming from my right ear. I just had a tube inserted in the ear to relive the pressure and restore my hearing. Can these 2 drugs cause this?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 33 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Since your symptoms are only on the right side, it is difficult to justify that this is the side effect of your medications.

2. With a ventilation tube inserted into your eardrum it is expected that some fluid may drain out from the middle ear. as it is normally wet with secretions. However the teary eye may be a referred sensation. When was the ear tube inserted?

3. Another possibility is that the underlying nasal and sinus condition which caused the build-up of fluid in your right ear is causing the teary eye.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.