Experiencing vomiting episodes after partially digesting and coming through throat. Also having deep long belching. Treatment?

General Surgeon
Question
yes i am experiencing vomiting episodes after partially digesting my food it goes to a certain point and then it comes back through my throat the output is standing with a lot of bubbles and sometimes it can be as simple as juice and this is followed by a lot of deep long belching
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 36 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

This sounds like somewhere in your digestive tract there might be an obstruction. Such obstruction can be caused by small intestine narrowing, duodenum narrowing (due to chronic inflammation, ulcer) or even stomach cancer.
Other possible reasons are peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation, Helicobacter Pylori infection. Gallstones can give such symptoms as well however upper abdominal pain and back pain should be also possible.

I suggest you do do not wait anymore and visit your doctor. Gastroscopy is advisable. Abdominal ultrasound should be done as well.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Experiencing vomiting episodes after partially digesting and coming through throat. Also having deep long belching. Treatment? 23 hours later
if there is an obstruction what can be done about it

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 55 minutes later
It all depends where is this possible obstruction. Most of obstructions needs to be treated with surgery. But it is just a one possibility. More common are stomach issues. Please have mentioned tests done.

Regards.