Experiencing very itchy red spots on ankles and wrists. Dry skin on fingers. Is this the sign of illness?

I am experiencing a number of very itchy red spots started on ankles and wrists now on legs and buttocks I also have dry skin on fingers.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
There are a few possibilities here.

This could be a form of eczema - in this case this is something that may respond to a topical cortisone.

Other thought is superficial skin infection or folliculitis - this might need [rescription strength antibiotics.

Other thought is that this could represent an underlying inflammatory condition going on within your body - something your doctor would need to evaluate if this is persistent.

Thanks again for the query,

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Experiencing very itchy red spots on ankles and wrists. Dry skin on fingers. Is this the sign of illness? 14 minutes later
I have been to the doctor and was perscribed Cetirizine Hydrochloride tablets one a day and also Double base cream to apply to the skin but the spots still keep coming sometimes 3 at a time.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Requires followup

Detailed Answer:
I think next week yu might call your doctor. He may consider a trial of an antibiotic or antiviral or possibly a referral to a dermatologist.

Dr. Galamaga