Experiencing vaginal swelling and abdominal pain. All test normal. Treated for different types of infection. Help?

I have been experiencing vaginal swelling and abdominal pain for the last nine weeks. Prior to this I had a biopsy of my outer labia and after my cervix- both came back negative. I have had blood work completed on multiple occasions and numerous swabs completed as well as a CT scan and untrasound. I have also consulted with various OB-GYN's. All test work has come back with no indications of a possible cause. I have been treated with numerous anti-biotics for many different types of infection- none have ever been confirmed. I am in pain daily and do not see any relief in sight- please help!
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 42 minutes later
Thanks for discussing you problem with us.
I appreciate that you have had most of the necessary investigations with no positive diagnosis.
I would like to ask you some questions regarding your pain:
What is the nature of this pain? i.e. burning, cutting, throbbing etc.
Is this pain continuous or have some relation to your periods?
Do you feel pain during intercourse & while passing urine?
Do you have any bowel symptoms like diarrhea, constipation?
Are you having regular monthly cycles? Do you feel pain during periods? Has it increased over past 9 weeks?
Do you use any birth control? Do you have any kids?
Was there any lesion on your labia or cervix for which you had biopsy?
How do you know your vagina is swollen? Have you done a mirror test or this is just your feeling? Has this vaginal swelling been confirmed & appreciated by your Gynecologist?
Please answer these questions in detail for me to understand your condition better & to give you some suggestions.
Waiting for your reply.
Follow-up: Experiencing vaginal swelling and abdominal pain. All test normal. Treated for different types of infection. Help? 14 minutes later
In response;

Continuous- semi-throbbing pain
No relation to periods
No intercourse since symptoms
No bowel symptoms
Periods are regular
Presently have two children-Current birth control-condoms
Reason for biopsy- Spot on labia (diagonosed as thrombosis) and later biopsy due to inflammation of cervix (results negative)
Swelling visual.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 25 hours later
Thanks for your reply & very sorry for responding so late.
You have mentioned that " no intercourse sine symptoms", to me it means that if you have sex it is likely to be painful & so you are not having it, right!
I admit that your symptoms are a little bit confusing & difficult to put in a single specific diagnosis. Probably direct inspection of the area may give some clue but as you have been to so many doctors & no one has given you a final diagnosis, so, I guess it may not be that helpful.
Two important tests which are constantly striking my mind & I think you have not had them are diagnostic Laparoscopy & Doppler ultrasound of your pelvis. Sometimes in confusing cases like yours these tests are extremely helpful.
Laparoscopy is direct visualization inside the abdomen with a telescope, this can diagnose conditions like "Endometriosis" which may be missed by tests like ultrasound & CT scan. This condition may prove to be responsible for your abdominal pain.
Doppler ultrasound, I recommend, for my second differential diagnosis that is "pelvic vein thrombosis" which may have produced that vaginal swelling & may have a relation to your earlier diagnosis of thrombosis.
It is not possible for me to suggest you a treatment or give a final diagnosis keeping in mind the limitations of this online consultation, but, I think you should discuss this with your treating Gynecologist.
Hope I have given you some helpful clues. Please write back if you have any question. I will be waiting for your feedback, results & final diagnosis.
Wish you good health & best of luck.
God bless you.