Experiencing vaginal pain during intercourse. Suggest a vaginal numbing ointment?

Hi. I am a married woman. Got married recently but still unable to have proper intercourse with my husband due to vaginal pain on attempting intercourse. We tried lubricants. But no go. I wanted to know if I can use a numbing ointment to deal with pain and fear of first time intercourse. If yes, can you suggest a vaginal numbing ointment available in India? I stay in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 2 hours later

This is common problem and nothing to be worried off. Most of the females do experience it for the first time whenever they have it.

As you have already tried lubricants and are keen on using numbing gel, you can go for it without any doubt.
Commonly used one is Xylocaine jelly 2% to be applied liberally on your private parts as well as the husbands half an hour before the act. Little burning sensation would be there initially but will go away in a few seconds. Gradually once you are used to, stop using it.

Other measures that I suggest are - be stress free and don't be anxious about what is going to happen, every thing would be fine, try it for one week if not effective then i would advice you to XXXXXXX your gynaecologist once and get a check up done.
But i don't think that would be necessary, every thing would be fine, try out with this.
All the best, Take care.

Dr. Rishma