Experiencing tingling sensation in testicles when lying down. Experiencing back muscle pain. Suggest?

Hi - I am experiencing a tingling sensation in my testicles when I lie down - less so when I am standing up. I have been experiencing back muscle pain as well which I believe may be connected - any ideas?
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query

It could be possible that the tingling sensation you are complaining of is due to compression of nerves due to lying down. This is one of the common causes tinging in the scrotum which improves upon standing up or spreading out your legs as you lie down.

Other possible diagnosis could be vitb12 deficiency, diabetes, varicose veins etc.

You might consider visiting a urologist for detailed examination.

It is difficult to say if the muscle pain you feel is related to the tingling sensation. However, if you have had any strenous activity or poor posture, you might develop the pains.

If the pains you described are high up, then it could be possible that its a kidney rather than the muscle.

However, only a detail examination and possible tests would be able to give a definite answer.

Hope i have answered your query. If you do have further query, i will be glad to respond.
Best regards