Experiencing tightness below chest and upper abdomen and constantly belching after meals

Dear dr, Recently I'm experiencing tightness at the area jux below my chest and upper abdomen . Sometimes the toughness radiates to the back and it makes me tense n sort of like in a curl up half sit up feel. The tightness sometimes radiate to the upper back .And my breathing is short and shallow when that happens. It makes me anxious I have episode of in digestion n constantly blech after meals or simply drinking few mouthful of water.. Other than no other obvious symptoms. When i lay down, I felt more comfortable and breathing is deeper n easier. Pls advise Jux to add on , I felt the tightness more when I'm upright, oso when I'm eating sitting position, , the whole area get tense up. There is no pain , lotsa tension, burping gas n shallow breathing
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical data carefully and understood your concerns. The symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of gastroesophageal reflux (GERD). So, I suggest to: - consult a GI specialist and - to run further tests including upper endoscopy. - abdominal echo (to rule out gallbladder and pancreatic problems) - avoid spicy, chillies, fatty foods - avoid alcohol, carbonated drinks, and coffee - eat often and small portions - keep 2 pillows when sleeping - avoid eating beans - start taking PPIs, antacids and simethicone Hope it answered to your inquiry! Feel free to ask me further questions you might have! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: Experiencing tightness below chest and upper abdomen and constantly belching after meals 14 hours later
Thks for reply I do have reflux or burning feel. I used to "fart" normally after my meals as the digestive system travel down, and from young I have never burp gas out from mouth. However the patter had recently changed, from more burps than farting. How can this pattern change? It used to be so comfortable , eat and releases gas from the bottom. I understand to refrain from cold food and drinks as it affect the stomach. However does cold weather indirectly had a negative effect based on the same logic? Since we are inhaling cold air 24/7??I realized when winter arrived, I had less appetite , dry throat and a little nausea on and off. Jux to add on I XXXXXXX not have reflux or burning feel as misspelled earlier .
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for sending in more of your medical data. You are saying not to have to do with reflux. If this is your case, then, I could suggest to run the following examinations to determine the right diagnosis: - fibrogastroscopy (to exclude stomach problems) - measure the pH of the esophagus (exculde motility disorders) - measure the pancreatic enzymes (to exclude pancreatic problems) - abdominal echo For the moment you can start to use probiotics or beano and prokinetik (tegaserad) drugs . They will help you to reduce gas and move it down easely. One other factor could be cold weather (winter). It is normal to get changes in the bowel movements in winter. Please recall how many times you might go to the restroom when you felt cold and the discomfort you feel in the tummy. Foods you eat, how fast you eat can also interfere with burping. You might have more burping than farting as when you burp, there is nothing left to fart. I recommend not to worry about such "little" symptoms. Once you have the exams done, you can clarify your doubts better. All the best! Dr.Klerida