Experiencing swollen lymph nodes on neck and large one under ear. Suffer constipation. Having pain on both the sides of abdomen. Suggest?

I have been experiencing swollen lymph nodes down my neck (symmetrically) and a large lymph node under my ear where the jaw and ear XXXXXXX for over 6 months now. I also have been experiencing constipation (the excrement is ball like, hard to evacuate and can take as long as two days before such, sometimes twice a day but always hard to do so and ball like), as well as pain on either side of my abdomen slightly above the navel right under the ribs. I have been GF for six years and all this trouble seemed to begin right after delivery of my second child 14 months ago.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 31 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

The swollen lymph nodes indicated and your history of an MRI head region would need a more detailed evaluation if your history is not forthcoming. I wonder what was diagnosed for you in that MRI. As this swellings are a sign of infection or inflammation occurring in the head and neck regions.

The constipation side effect you are experiencing is well predicted with the drugs you are on - Tramadol and Tizanidine. The duration of therapy of these drugs decides the intensity of constipation and hence the hard stools. You might want to talk to your prescribing doctor about a good laxative preparation you may need.

The pain in your abdomen also seems to be related to your constipation with looks of both sides above the navel you just described, but get examined just to be sure this is right.

Can you elaborate what "GF" means ?

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.