Experiencing swelling in throat, reduced and feels sore. Taken paracetamol. Having BP and cholesterol. Suggest

I Have Experienced today a swelling in the right side of my throat . this occurred mainly during eating.
It gradually reduced back to normal, but was sore on touch. I have taken paracetomol twice today, as I suspected a sore throat this morning.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It could be a enlarged lymph node because of sore throat which could be responsible for that swelling.

A physical examination is required to arrive at a diagnosis. If your doctor suspects throat infection he may order a throat swab for culture and sensitivity.

Antibiotics based on the culture and sensitivity report will help to overcome the infection. Simple paracetamol will help only in symptomatic pain relief.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatric