Experiencing sudden onset of GI pain. Feeling nausea. Guide

Hi, I am experiencing sudden onset upper GI pain, discomfort, like reflux? It started after I woke up this morning, I am also feeling nauseous. Recently I have finished my second course of clomid. My blood pressure, heart rate are fine. Please help
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Gastrointestinal reflux disease has a specific diagnostic and management protocol. It is therefore compelling for an appropriate diagnosis of the disease to be made. A clinical scenario is usually suggestive, but laboratory tests like the lower esophagal pH, fibroscopy and at times biopsy are of utmost importance.

Its important to note if these symptoms were experienced for the first time or not., accompanying symptoms, alleviating and aggravating symptoms.

This is usually a disease , generally in fat people, characterized by increased acid secretion and due to incompetence of lower esophagal sphincter which leads ton increased acid secretion.

Proper diagnosis of gastroesohagal reflux disease is important. Life style changes like sports, weight loss, elevating head of bed before sleeping, use of antacids, avoiding foods that irritate the stomach.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.