Experiencing strange shivering in stomach after a stomach bug. Is this serious?

Hi , for the last couple of weeks and after a stomach bug , i started having a strange shiver in my stomach .it's like my stomach it beating every now and first i thought that there something wrong with heart then i noticed that it was my stomach . I have this feeling especially when i'm lying in bed. So could you please tell what that? Is it serious?
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 1 hour later
Hello friend, usually you can have after a stomach bug or a virus some cramping or over activity with the intestinal muscle wall that causes a strange beating or cramping described. It is not serious, it is common, and it is nothing to be concerned about. If you are not having bloating, diarrhea, excessive gas, or severe pain, I do not think that you need to consult your physician.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have more concerns.
Follow-up: Experiencing strange shivering in stomach after a stomach bug. Is this serious? 9 hours later
Thanks a lot .
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 44 minutes later
You are welcome.