Experiencing stabbing pain in abdomen.Have constant loose stools, difficulty and painful defecating. Advice?

Infertility Specialist
Hi I'm a 28yr old female who for the last couple of months has been experiencing sharp stabbing pain on and off in my left lower abdomen. I have constant loose stools, difficulty and painful defecating?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) The symptoms you are suggesting are related to Peptic ulcer. You may take take antacid medicines available over the counter for the same which will bring it down.

2) Since you have peptic ulcer and already on he medications, I suggest you need to go for gastroscopy procedure to see extent of peptic ulcer and to prescribe medicines accordingly.

3) You might gastroscopy procedure will also give answers for painful defecation. Hence no need to worry as it is a minor procedure and will diagnose the problem. Please consult a gastroenterologist for the same.

4) I also would advice you to check if here are any stressful events going on in life recently. Please bring down your stress levels and be comfortable mentally as much as possible.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

I hope I answered your query.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol