Experiencing spotting. Is this the sign of pregnancy? Should I be worried?

I have been experiencing spotty bleeding from past 2 days, it was very light on the first day it is slightly more now. Is this a early sign of pregnancy or there is a need to worry?
I had my periods from July 29th for 4 days, From past 3 months my cycles are of 45 day length.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

It would be difficult to say if the bleeding is pregnancy related. Ovulation occurs in mid cycle and if you had intercourse in those days the egg can get fertilized. And sometimes there can be implantation bleeding (At early stage of pregnancy).But this should not increase or continue for long.

Since your cycles are altered for last 3 months, it may be difficult to predict exact stage of your cycle. So you can get urine pregnancy test done.

I think you need to get investigated for this spotting as well as for recent change in duration of cycle.

If bleeding continues, then a sonography for evaluation of uterus and ovaries needs to be undertaken.

Hope that answers your question.