Experiencing slight whooshing sound in ear after cleaning wax. Looking for remedy

I recently visited the primary care physician to clear out ear wax. He used a syringe with water as in previous years. Now I notice a slight whooshing sound in my right ear which I have had before. But this time it is continuing for several days. It's not a loud sound of tinnitus, but sort of the sound of the shower water. It's a bit annoying. Is it likely this will go away, or do I have to consider a remedy for tinnitus? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 46 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is not unusual to experience such sensations after such a procedure. Depending on the duration of the procedure and the intensity of the activity, the side or after effects might differ.
It is however to consider getting a proper medical condition in case this persists for more than a week or two, or you start experiencing other ear symptoms. I would strongly suggest in that case that you book an appointment with an ENT specialist for a proper evaluation and management.

If symptoms persist for more than one week, book an appointment with the ENT specialist.
Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best.

Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.

Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Experiencing slight whooshing sound in ear after cleaning wax. Looking for remedy 1 hour later
Thanks again, Dr. Bain. Actually that hissing sound in my right ear has diminished since last Thursday when he did the irrigation, so you are suggesting that in all likelihood it will diminish further?

I have had experiences before with that ear and the slight hissing sound, as when I turn on the shower or even hear louder than usual talking or sounds. It's not a big problem but I just keep worrying that it will get worse.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 48 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
I suggest you remain patient for at most 2 weeks. Its usual that it diminishes even before one week.
I suggest you just stay calm, as hopefully all shall be fine. In case, it persists, you might need to see the ENT specialist as earlier mentioned.
Wishing you the best of health.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.