Experiencing slight throbbing pain in heart. Diabetic and on insulin. Looking for urgent cure?

I am experiencing slight throbbing pain in my heart. I am diabetic and am on insulin. I am a mild smoker. I do not deal. I take a lot of stress in my work. The pain is there for sometime now for around 3 days. There is a slight tightness also that I experience. I do not feel sleepy and sleep very less. All my family are very tense. They are asking me to go to a doctor. However, I have very important work that I need to attend to. I want to keep things till I visit a doctor which I have planned tomorrow evening. Any first aid solutions currently.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 48 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Even though we could be looking at ischemic heart disease, its unlikely you're having a heart attack right now as you have the pain for 3 days. We could be looking at angina or probably stress or probably low sugar levels as well. My first and foremost suggestion would be to visit the emergency and get an ECG and a cardiac enzymes level done. If the ECG and the enzymes are normal, everybody can be at peace. It will not take more than 40 minutes - 1 hour and you can continue your work. If your work is that important, please understand that if we miss a heart attack and it does not get treated on time, you're going to be off for atleast a month. Also, the quality of life will be extremely poor.
As of now, the first aid would be take 1/2 disprin and take it with water. Also, take plenty of water and check your sugar level. If you cannot check your sugar level, have something sweet.
Also take a few XXXXXXX breaths and just try to relax for 15-20 minutes. This should also help.
Again, I would urge you to go to a hospital. Nothing in this world, is more important than your own life
Let me know if you need any more help.