Experiencing slight discomfort in the groin while sitting for long time. Cause?

Question
Hello sir,

I am experiencing slight discomfort occasionally in the right side of my groin. Often happens when i am sitting for long time. I go to gym and work out daily and have a healthy life style.

Is it because i am constantly thinking about it ? Can you please help me on this?

Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound scan

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Gastroentrology, working with an experienced Gastroentrology surgeon. I answer on his behalf.

Pain in the groin could be due to vascular obstruction. Such obstruction is usually to the testicles which presents with pain in the groin initially later presenting with heaviness or pain in the testis.

Also there could be diseased lymphnodes which can present with such pain.

The best way to rule out the above causes and any other pathology is by getting a Abdomen and pelvic Ultrasound scan.

Do get the scan and present me the report.

Follow-up: Experiencing slight discomfort in the groin while sitting for long time. Cause? 4 days later
Attached is my ultrasound scan . I am also experiencing slight nervous pull or weakness in Ryt hand and leg occasionally.

FYI: I had undergone b12 test which showed very low count of it . could it be because of this

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound report is normal

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Your Ultrasound report is normal. I conclude that there is nothing serious to worry about. The pain you had could be muscular in origin. Regular exercise would elp to get rid of it.

Also, Low vit B12 could not be the reason for the pain you have.