Experiencing shortness of breath, dizziness and chest pain. EKG done. Should I be concerned?

I have been expearancing shortness of breath dizziness and some Chest pain with exertion I had a ekg done in my family's doctors office yesterday ,there was no cardiologist available to read ekg my family doctor was suppose to call me with the results of the blood work but never did if something was wrong I guess he would had call back right? This morning I am feeling chest pressure shortness of breath and dizzyness should I be concern I do have an appointment scheduled for next week with cardiologist I have uploaded ekg image if you can read it and let me know if I should be concern
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 days later

Thank you for writing to us.

Let me explain things according to the changes I can see. First of all, no immediate risk, but you will require to be further evaluated by a cardiologist at the earliest. Also, getting your cardiac enzymes checked at the earliest will also help. I think this has already been done if I am not mistaken (the blood work).

Now the changes in the EKG:
-An ST depression and T wave inversion indicates ischemia (insufficient or inadequate blood supply reaching a tissue), seen in V1, V2, V3; which means the ischemia is in the septal and anterior region of the heart
-A block (does not mean block of blood supply, but medically called a heart block) in V4 lead making it a right ventricular block

All other parameters do seem to be fine. This cardiac picture is more of a warning sign for events to come if care is not taken and if you are not supervised by a cardiologist.

I hope this information helps. Please write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be glad to help. I feel reassured that you have an appointment with your cardiologist next week. Wishing you a long and beautiful life ahead.

Best wishes ma'am.
Follow-up: Experiencing shortness of breath, dizziness and chest pain. EKG done. Should I be concerned? 4 hours later
Thank you so much for the clear explanation and yes my enzines were normal I have an appointment for cardiologist on Tuesday next week but as the days go buy I am feeling very sick I went to the emergency room yesterday because I am so dizzy and short of breath I was monitored for four hours they took ex rays of my chest and did a MRI to the heart they said it was all negitive but they did say something is going on my heart rate was fluctuating from 80bpm to 45bpm and my blood presure was very low they did tell me to just make sure I see my cardiologist on Tuesday do you think that these symtoms I have are from this heart block now I am also feeling nasua all time .

Thank for your reply
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 hours later
Hi ma'am.

Your presentation is not one that is clearly directed towards a heart block, but is more of a weak heart. Which is why I had mentioned in my previous response and so did the ER team, that you will require a thorough evaluation by a cardiologist, to diagnose and treat your condition.

In the meantime, eat regular meals, do not skip any; and also avoid a fatty/oily diet. Mild exercise should help keep your blood pressure and heart rate within normal limits.

Tuesday is only a day away, all should be fine soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.