Experiencing shortness of breath and fainting feeling when lie down. What should I do?

Hi I am in my 5th week of XXXXXXX Last two i have been experiencing shortness of breath and fainting feeling i lie down and it feels better but as soon as I start moving around or sitting in a chair or the car it comes on. What should I do. Is this part of the healing process. It feels like high anxiety
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 43 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The 5th week post-operative of XXXXXXX should not give such symptoms and healing is a silent process and does not produce shortness of breath.
Shortness of breath is ominous development in this stage of recovery.
It may be indicative of some complication of surgery like brooding infection or bands formation, damage to local viscera and resultant inflammation in abdomen, damage to ureters or an independent occurrence of infection like pneumonia or a collection of fluid in chest called pleural effusion. These all are putative causes for such symptoms.
You should get an ultrasound of abdomen and also get a chest Xray PA view.
Blood investigations- complete blood counts and CRP will further provide inputs for the cause of this problem.
It is strongly advised that you get examined by a local gynecologist or your surgeon with the advised reports as soon as possible.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Take Care!