Ask a Urologist   »  

Experiencing severe pain in penis after intercourse. Suggest

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
My boyfriend and I just had intercourse, and after ejaculation and pulling out, he started c/o sharp, severe 7/10 pain on the dorsal side of his penis above the meatus. The pain only occurs wIth palpation or when clothing is rubbed against this area. No bruising, shaft deviation, scrotal edema or blood at the meatus noted. There was no specific occurance of trauma during intercourse or "popping" sound appreciated. He is urinating fine without visual hematuria or dysuria. He states that visually his penis looks normal. He denies ever having pain like this before.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your boyfriend has sustained trivival (slight) injury during intercourse.

Since he has no other symptom except pain there is notthing to worry about.

This could be due to incresed blood flow to the penis during erection and ejaculation .Once the penis becomes flaccid his pain will subside of its own.

If the pain is severe he can take pain killer like Brufen available over the counter.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel ferr to ask I shall be happy to address the same.
Thanking you with Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Experiencing severe pain in penis after intercourse. Suggest 9 hours later
Thank you for the answer. He is still c/o sharp pain on his glans with the same triggers (Palpation). This pain started about 10 hours ago. I gave him ibuprofen last night and this am with slight benefit. Ice worsened the pain. Still no other symptoms. How long does this pain normally? Is it normal to be severe even with a trivial injury?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
The pain will take 2-3 days to get regressed.Continue taking anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac to get relief from pain and fast recovery.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.