Experiencing severe contractions in uterus. peri-menopause. Using heating pad and muscle relaxants. Remedy?

Yes. I'm experiencing severe contractions in my uterus. I'm in my early 50s. I have been experiencing peri-menopause for at least 4 years. The contraction has now lasted for over 6 hours. A heating pad and muscle relaxants are doing nothing to eleviate the pain.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 28 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I presume that you have not yet attained menopause. This symptom could be due to a SUB-MUCOUS fibroid which is getting expelled(not so common), or else the culprit could be:
1) ovarian torsion, which can present with similar symptom.
2) Pedunculated fibroid torsion
3) Anything related to gastrointestinal tract (usually associated with vomiting or lose stools)
4)Acute Pelvic inflammatory disease (uncommon, as there is no abnormal white vaginal discharge).
Hence, I advise you to get a scan of pelvis done. Scan will tell about uterus (any fibroids, endometrial thickness), ovarian pathology, adnexal problem, any other mass abdomen.
For such severe pain I usually give injection Hyoscine (buscopan) and Tramadol for my patients.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile