Experiencing reoccurring intermittent sharp pain to the right side of temple. Any remedy?

Nov 2013

I am experiencing intermittent sharp pain to the right side of my temple. this occurs any where between 5 minute intervals and 30 minutes.
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
Intermittent pains over temple, which are short-duration (lasting seconds to a few minutes) are suggestive of neuralgic pain, arising from the trigeminal nerve. These are not serious issues and respond well to treatment.
Pain relief can be obtained with the use of medicines such as tegrital (carbamazepine) or trileptal (oxcarbazepine).
You should see your GP/neurologist, who may order for MRI brain to evaluate the underlying reasons for the same.
Please get back if you have more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad