Experiencing pulsing sensation in upper stomach. What could this be?

General Surgeon
The last two days I have noticed a strong pulse in my upper right stomach. Any ideal of what this could be?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 21 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptom can appear due to liver enlargement, liver cirrhosis, gallstones, pancreas disease or even peptic ulcers. Liver can become enlarged due to many conditions including fatty liver, viral liver infections, liver tumors and many more. If your symptoms are associated with meals, gallstones or peptic ulcers are more possible.
However it is hard to give you exact answer not being able to examine your abdomen. I suggest you to visit you doctor and have some tests performed. You should start with abdominal ultrasound, blood work, liver tests (AST,ALT,GGTP), amylase, bilirubin and urine analysis. If no findings, upper GI endoscopy should be considered.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.