Experiencing pulsating pain in neck and upper chest. Diagnosed with hills sachs lesion. Treatment?

Spine Surgeon
49 year old female with symptoms of menopause experiencing pulsating pain on left side of neck and aching feeling in chest and body. diagnosed with hills sachs lesion on right shoulder few months ago. feels like bone is broken in center of upper chest, uncomfortable feeling when I lay on right side.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 12 hours later

Thank you for sharing your problem.

Your problems are

1.     Pulsating pain neck- it could be due to blood vessels or due to muscle spasm

2.     Upper chest pain - could be due to decreased bone strength as with postmenopausal osteoporosis or even due to rib fracture. Rarely it could come from spin as well

3.     Hill sach's lesion - can be managed by shoulder exercise and surgical options

Therefore, I suggest you get your blood tests, chest x-ray, Doppler study of neck and bone density estimation by DEXA scan and Vitamin D assay.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Thank you